Research & Development
SETUP Performance SAS, Frontonas
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
Please upload the documents, summarized in a PDF if possible.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position? Please contact Jerome Gimenez via email@example.com
First information about our application process can be found here: http://on.basf.com/applicationprocess.
BASF 3D Printing Solutions GmbH, headquartered in Heidelberg, Germany, is a 100% subsidiary of BASF New Business GmbH. It focuses on establishing and expanding the business under the Forward AM brand with advanced materials, system solutions, components and services in the field of 3D printing. To serve customers in the dynamic 3D printing market, BASF 3D Printing Solutions is organized into startup-like structures. It cooperates closely with the global research platforms and application technologies of various departments at BASF and with research institutes, universities, startups and industrial partners. For further information please visit: www.forward-am.com
Within start-up-like structures, we provide services to our customers in the automotive, aerospace and consumer goods sectors in a dynamic market. The business is built on materials, system solutions, components and services in the 3D printing sector and we work closely with global research platforms as well as BASF application technicians and cooperate with research institutes, universities, startups and industrial partners.
What you can expect:
In your function, you formulate photocurable materials for 3D printing in a range of different application areas. You will have the opportunity to work across a wide range - from soft and flexible rubbers to rigid and tough plastics. This position is located at our location in Frontonas/France.
- As R&D Technican, you will develop innovative photo-curable, resin formulations for 3D printing.
- You will analyze formulation properties by physical and analytical test methods and use equipment to define material properties (DMA, DSC, Tensile Tester, Viscosimeter).
- In addition, you will prepare R&D documentation and reporting by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information.
- Furthermore, you will identify the appropriate material properties which provide solutions for customer requirements while expanding our resin library.
What we expect:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in material science, chemistry, chemical engineering or other related fields
- versed in handling chemicals, test as well as analytical methods and equipment
- experience with UV-curing formulations, resin, coating or 3D printing
- effective communication skills in English - please submit all application documents in English.
- a team player with a high innovation orientation
- Onboarding to help you settle in quickly, ensuring you are part of the BASF team from day one
- An attractive competitive salary that is based on the company's success and your individual performance
- English language courses to support and develop your language skills
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.